Thursday, September 17, 2009

C088 Anniversary Wishes

Prepare card by folding 51/2" x 81/2" silver or gold cardstock in half using a bone folder to make a nice crease. Set aside. Set aside.

Prepare your Printer Paper Vellum by cutting and folding 51/2" x 81/2" in half. Flatten the fold with a bone folder. Make a pencil line at ¼” from front edge. Cut with decorative scissors. Erase pencil line. Brush front with a Little Bag or a used bounce sheet to reduce static.
Using clear embossing ink, stamp the rose heart #08028.Q page 22 on the center front of the vellum. Emboss with gold or silver embossing powder. The image can be coloured with markers on the wrong side but our preference is to leave it as it is.

Apply a small dab of double sided tape near the fold on the back side of the card. Overlay with the vellum. Tie a double strand of gold or silver crochet cotton to the fold of the card. I used about 20” of thread, tied it in a knot at the top of the fold and let the rest of the thread hang
loose.

I will show you how to make the Printer Paper Vellum in my next post. I usually post on my Magenta Blog on the odd number days.



First taught this class on January 25th, 2005.


1 comment:

  1. I love the card and I can't wait to see how the printer paper vellum is made! TFS this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...