Saturday, September 19, 2009

C088a Printer Paper Vellum

I like to make at least a half dozen of these sheets at a time since I am going to be in a mess anyways!

Lay one sheet of printer paper on a piece of wax paper. You can use white or coloured printer paper for this technique. I used purple in my sample as it shows up better than white. Make sure the wax paper is bigger than the printer paper. Apply baby oil to a cotton ball and wipe it on the paper. Keep adding oil to the cotton ball and repeat until the paper is covered in oil. Do not saturate the paper – it just needs to change to that oily colour.

Set this sheet between two paper towels. Do another sheet. Set this one on top of the paper towel and cover with another paper towel. Keep repeating until you have done as many sheets as you want. Cover the last paper towel with a clean sheet of wax paper. Set a heavy book on top of your stack to help absorb the oil – I use a Sears catalogue. Allow to press for at least a day or longer. After that, I spread my sheets of vellum singly, all over the house for a couple of more days to let air dry. Before using, buff the vellum with a paper towel to remove any oil that might be left behind.

This Printer Paper Vellum can be treated the same as the store bought vellum – you can tear it, crimp it, color it with pencil crayons or makers and even emboss on it! You do need to rub it with a Little Bag or a used bounce sheet to reduce the static before embossing.

First taught this class on January 25th, 2005.

Today is my mom's birthday. She would of been 85. She passed away in July 2007. Sure miss her yet!

3 comments:

  1. I love this technique. Sorry to hear about a sad day. I bet she's watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique Carole! Thanks for sharing! I am so sorry about your Mom too! It must be hardest on her Birthday and Mothers Day! Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for repeating this wonderful technique. Hugz to you and may your sadness be replaced by sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...